National Soylent Green Day: “For the people, by the people.”
Posted on March 31, 2012
National Soylent Green Day
Soylent Green is the original “people” food for the masses. The Soylent Green Biscuit Co’s famous snack has been a cult classic since its inception in 1973. People everywhere were delighted to have this affordable snack that “tastes just like grandmas.”
When April 1st heralds the coming of spring, I always think fondly of Soylent Green.
Five Food Finds about Soylent Green
- Soylent Green, introduced 1966, is usually considered the original “green” food.
- It was first marketed as a, “Miracle food of high-energy plankton gathered from the oceans of the world.”
- Throughout the years the company has adopted many slogans:
- “Food for the people, by the people.”
- “Make room, make room for green.”
- “It’s easy being green.”
- “You’re in good hands with Soylent.”
- You can find many recipes for homemade Soylent Green, but there’s nothing like the real thing.
- It is said that Charlton Heston was this snack’s #1 fan, keeping mass quantities in his home.
- The Soylent Green Biscuit Co. is planning on world distribution by 2022.