September 6 – National Coffee Ice-Cream Day
Posted on September 6, 2012
National Coffee Ice-Cream Day
Five Food Finds about Coffee
- Coffee is only grown near the equator, from the Tropic of Cancer to the Tropic of Capricorn, within a 1,000 mile limit.
- 1,200 different chemical components are in coffee. More than half of these components make up the distinguished flavor of coffee.
- There is between 80 and 140 milligrams of caffeine in a seven once cup of coffee.
- 400 billion cups of coffee are consumed worldwide, making it the most popular beverage.
- 91% of coffee consumed is taken at breakfast. And sometimes is breakfast.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1620 The Pilgrims set sail from England aboard the Mayflower.
1800 Catherine Esther Beecher was born. American educator and author of ‘Miss Beecher’s Domestic Receipt Book’, etc.
1892 John Froelich made the first gasoline powered tractor.
1899 Carnation began producing evaporated milk.