Artichoke Festival, Castroville
MAY 15 – 16, 2010 Castroville, CA
SATURDAY 10:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. SUNDAY 10:00 A.M – 5:00 P.M. AWARDS PRESENTATION 4:30 P.M. TICKETS ON SALE at the Door $10 Adults/$5 Children (4-12) and Active Military/Children 3 and under free
- AGRO ART Competition: AGRO art is 3-dimensional fruit and vegetable artwork. This quirky competition fosters imagination, creativity and fun for both participants and the viewing public.
- PARADE: Our sanctioned parade is one of the largest and most colorful of its kind.
- MUSICAL ENTERTAINMENT: Two days of live music! Everything from Swing to Mariachi, Country to 50’s Rock & Roll.
- CHILDREN’S ACTIVITIES: Games, face paints, clowns, stilt walkers, puppets and more!
- FOOD: Artichokes fried, sautéed, grilled, marinated, pickled, fresh, and creamed in soup. Plus foods from the many ethnic groups that give this area its character.
- COOKING DEMOS: The area’s finest showcase the versatility and unique techniques for preparing and using artichokes.
- WINE TASTING: Sample the best from the area’s award winning producers.
- ARTS & CRAFTS: Unique gifts and apparel crafted by artisans from throughout the country. Plus artichoke souvenirs galore!
- FARMERS MARKET: Artichokes and more, fresh from the heart of the salad bowl.
- FIELD TOURS: Hop a bus to the artichoke patch for grower talks and photo ops.
Please No Pets
The Castroville Artichoke Festival is presented by the North Monterey County Chamber of Commerce.
For more information, go here.