January 2 – Todays Food History
National Buffet Day
Traditionally, the “Day to Feast” before the great diet begins
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1923 Secretary of the U.S. Dept of Interior, Albert Fall, resigns due to public outrage over the Teapot Dome scandal.
- 1975 Working with Canadian zoologist Freud Urquhart, amateur naturalist Kenneth C. Brugger discovered the winter home of the Monarch butterfly in the mountains of central Mexico. The refuge he found was only about 200 square meters and contained about 20 million butterflies.
- 1983 ‘Maneater’ by Daryl Hall & John Oates is #1 on the charts.
- 1990 Campbell’s Soup introduces Cream of Broccoli soup. It becomes their most successful new soup in 55 years.
- 2005 H. David Dalquist, the creator of the aluminum Bundt Pan in 1950, died in Minnesota at the age of 86.
some content is courtesy of www.FoodReference.com, used with permission