January 4 – Todays Food History
National Spaghetti Day
Daily Fact:The word, Spaghetti is the plural form of an Italian word spaghetto, meaning “thin string” or “twine.”
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1493 Columbus returned from his first voyage to the New World.
- 1863 James Plimpton of New York patented 4 wheeled roller skates.
- 1905 Actor Sterling Holloway was born. He was also the voice of Winnie The Pooh, the honey loving bear in Disney’s animated version.
- 1997 Billionaire Harry Helmsley died. Husband of the infamous Leona (‘Queen of Mean,’ ‘Queen of Greed’), his real estate holdings included the Empire State Building.
- 2002 An Italian shepherd, the world’s oldest man died at the age of 112. Quote: “….love your brother and drink a good glass of red wine every day.”
some content is courtesy of www.FoodReference.com, used with permission
Categories: 101 - lessons in food, Daily Food History, Encyclopedia, Food Facts, January Food Holidays
Tagged: facts, food, foodimentary, fun, january 4, life, National Spaghetti Day, wordpress
You must be logged in to post a comment.