January 9 – Today’s Food History
National Apricot Day
Daily Trivia: In Latin, apricot means ‘precious’
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1838 The first Flea Circus in the U.S. opened at 187 Broadway in New York City.
- 1858 Elizabeth Gertrude Knight Britton was born. An American botanist, her efforts were a major factor in the establishment of the New York Botanical Gardens.
- 1956 The first ‘Dear Abby’ column was published.
- 1969 “I Heard It Through The Grapevine” by Marvin Gaye is #1 on the charts.
- 1980 “Escape (The Pina Colada Song)” by Rupert Holmes is #1 on the charts.
- 1995 Peter Cook, British actor and comedian died.
some content is courtesy of www.FoodReference.com, used with permission
Categories: 101 - lessons in food, Daily Food History, Encyclopedia, Food Facts
Tagged: apricot, facts, food, foodimentary, fruit, fun, january 9, life, pina colada, todays food history
You must be logged in to post a comment.