January 22 – Today’s Food History
National Southern Food Day
also:National Blonde Brownie Day
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1561 Francis Bacon, Viscount Saint Albans, Baron of Verulam aka Sir Francis Bacon, was born. Lawyer, statesman, philosopher, etc.
- 1892 Coca-Cola was incorporated.
- 1988 The first airport cow lounge. Schiphol airport in Amsterdam opened a special departure lounge for cows, serving pre-flight food and drink to traveling cattle.
- 1997 Lottie Williams, 48, of Tulas, Oklahoma became the only person known to have been hit by man made debris from space. She was struck on the shoulder while walking in a park, by a small piece of a used Delta II rocket that had been used to launch a military satellite in April, 1996.
- 1999‘Have You Ever?’ by Brandy is #1 on the charts.
some content is courtesy of www.FoodReference.com, used with permission