January 24 – Today’s Food History
Daily Facts: 60% of people like creamy peanut butter over crunchy. Women & children prefer creamy, while most men like crunchy.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1920 Eskimo Pie Patent Day. The Eskimo Pie was patented by Christian K. Nelson, an ice cream salesman in Onawa, Iowa.
- 1935 The beer can (created by the American Can Co.) was introduced in Richmond, Virginia by the Gottfried Krueger Brewing Company
- 1939 Maximilian Bircher-Benner died. He was a Swiss doctor who developed the granola-like cereal product ‘Muesli’
- 1959 Coors launched the 7 ounce seamless, recyclable aluminum beer can.
- 1988 RIP Charles Glen King,a biochemist who discovered vitamin C in 1932. He first extracted & isolated it from lemon juice.