February 8 – Today’s Food History
National “Potato Lover’s” Day
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1795 Friedlieb Ferdinand Runge was born. A German chemist who developed a method for obtaining sugar from beet juice.
- 1886 Wilhelm Koppers was born. This cultural anthropologist developed theories on the origins of society based on studies of hunter-gatherer tribes.
- 1898 John Sherman of Worcester, Massachusetts received a patent for the first machine to fold and seal envelopes.
- 1925 Actor Jack Lemmon was born. A couple of his film titles: ‘The Fortune Cookie’ and ‘Days of Wine and Roses’
- 1946 Adolfo De La Parra of the music group ‘Canned Heat’ was born.
some content is courtesy of www.FoodReference.com, used with permission
Categories: 101 - lessons in food, Daily Food History, Encyclopedia, Food Facts
Tagged: facts, food, foodimentary, fun, life, todays food history
You must be logged in to post a comment.