National Chocolate Mint Day
Events of February 19
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1764 Gottlieb Sigismund Kirchhof was born. He developed a method for refining vegetable oil, and also improved brewing & fermentation.
- 1855 Bread Riots in Liverpool.
- 1906 Battle Creek Toasted Corn Flake Company (W.K. Kellogg Company) was founded by Will Keith Kellogg to manufacture breakfast cereals (cornflakes).
- 1913 Cracker Jack began to put prizes in each box.
- 1976 Iceland broke off diplomatic relations with Great Britain when the two couldn’t settle their disagreement on the ‘cod war’ fishing rights issue.
- 1985 Cherry Coke was introduced nation-wide
- 1999 The world’s largest strawberry shortcake was created in McCall Park, Plant City, Florida, the Winter Strawberry Capital of the World. The city holds the Guinness record for the world’s largest strawberry shortcake, over 6,000 pounds.
Categories: February food holidays, Food Holidays, Uncategorized
Tagged: chocolate mints, corn flakes, events of February 19
You must be logged in to post a comment.