National Clam Chowder Day
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1904 Adelle Davis was born. Nutritionist, and author of ‘Let’s Eat Right to Keep Fit.’ She promoted many theories that have been labeled as unfounded and dangerous by the medical community.
- 1918 Wartime food rationing began in parts of England
- 1922 Donald McLean was born. McLean was a Scottish potato expert who supposedly had the world’s largest private collection of potatoes, with 367 varieties.
- 1934 Elizabeth Gertrude Knight Britton died. An American botanist, she helped establish the New York Botanical Gardens.
- 1950 George Richard Minot died. An American physician, Minot was one of the developers of a raw-liver diet used to treat pernicious anemia. Mmmm, good!
some content is courtesy of www.FoodReference.com, used with permission
Categories: February food holidays, Food Holidays, Uncategorized
You must be logged in to post a comment.