October 2 – Today’s Food History
Events of October 2
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1836 Charles Darwin returned to England after his 5 year voyage studying flora and fauna around the world.
- 1866 J. Osterhoudt patented the first tin can with a key opener.
- 1929 ‘The National Farm and Home Hour’ began on NBC radio.
- 1945 Don McLean was born. American singer/songwriter, best known for his 1971 ‘American Pie.’
- 1950 Charles M. Shultz’s ‘Peanuts’ comic strip is published for the first time.