October 3 – Today’s Food History
National Taco Day
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1863 Abraham Lincoln declared that Thanksgiving Day would be an annual event celebrated on the last Thursday in November.
- 1872 Emily Post was born. (or on October 27, 1872). Etiquette expert, newspaper columnist, author of ‘Etiquette in Society, in Business, in Politics, and at Home’ (1922); ‘The Emily Post Cook Book’ (1949); ‘Motor Manners’ (1950).
- 1883 The ‘Orient Express’ made its first run from Paris to Constantinople.
- 1899 The first motorized vacuum cleaner was patented by John S. Thurman.
- 1941 The first aerosol can was patented.
- 1964 Buffalo Wings were created. Created by Teressa Bellissimo at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York, for her son and some friends for a midnight snack.
Categories: 101 - lessons in food, Daily Food History, Encyclopedia, Food Facts
Tagged: facts, food, foodimentary, fun, life, national taco day, tacos, todays food history
You must be logged in to post a comment.