November 13 – Today’s Food History
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1710 Charles-Somon Favart was born in Paris, France. A French playwright and pastry cook.
- 1805 Supposedly, Johann George Lehner of Vienna, created the frankfurter.
- 1895 The first shipment of canned pineapple left Hawaii.
- 1927 The Holland Tunnel opened – the first Hudson River automobile tunnel from New York City to New Jersey.
- 1930 The Rotolactor was developed by the Walker-Gordon Dairy. It was a 50 stall revolving milking platform that could mechanically milk over 1,500 cows in seven hours