November 25 – Today’s Food History
also: National “Eat with a Friend” Day
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1715 American Sybilla Masters was the first American granted an English patent. It was for a method of processing corn.
- 1846 Carry Amelia Nation was born. Well known temperance movement activist, she was famous for destroying saloons with a hatchet.
- 1884 John Mayenberg, of St. Louis, Missouri, patented evaporated milk.
- 1940 Woody Woodpecker made his debut in the cartoon ‘Knock Knock.’
- 1967‘Incense and Peppermint’ by Strawberry Alarm Clock hits number one on the charts.