January 22 – National Blonde Brownie Day
National Southern Food Day
also:National Blonde Brownie Day
photo courtesy: Southern Foodways Alliance
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1521 Emperor Charles V opens the Diet of Worms.
- 1892 Coca-Cola was incorporated.
- 1939 Chef, Jeff Smith,The Frugal Gourmet was born
- 1985 A cold wave damaged 90 percent of the Florida citrus crop.
- 1997 A weekend freeze cost Florida farmers at least 100 million dollars in crop losses. Winter vegetables in south Dade County and southwest Florida were hardest hit
- 2008 The Jewish Holiday, Tu B’Shevat, celebrated by planting trees that bears fruits, is permitted work