January 31 – National Hot Chocolate Day
National Hot Chocolate Day
What’s the difference between Hot Chocolate and Hot Cocoa?
Hot Chcolate uses milk or milk chocolate while Hot Cocoa uses only powdered cocoa
Daily Fact: Chocolate is the 3rd most traded commodity in the world. 1st is oils, 2nd is coffee.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1893 The Coca-Cola trademark was recorded.
- 1930 Scotch tape was developed by Richard Drew of the 3M Company.
- 1980 Due to record high sugar prices, Coca Cola begins substituting high fructose corn syrup for half of the sucrose (sugar) used in Coca Cola.
- 1990 The first McDonald’s restaurant in Moscow, Russia opens.
- 2001 Germany announced plans to destroy 400k cattle due to the mad cow crises. We know it now as Mad Cow Disease