March 21 – National Crunchy Taco Day
National Crunchy Taco Day
In celebration of Taco Bell’s 50+ years.
Five Food Finds about Taco Bell
- Founder, Glenn Bell, first opened the chain “Del Tacos,” a hot dog and taco franchise.
- He was the first to fry his taco shells in advance. Before then, they were fried on demand.
- They were the first fast food chain to have move tie-in promotions.
- In 1962, a tacos only cost 19 cents.
- Even though the 1990 Chihuahua was an advertising phenomenon, taco sales actually went down during that period.