National Peanut Butter Jelly Day
Five Food Finds about Peanut Butter
- Penut buter and jelly is the top sandwiches made at home in the US
- Studies show that there is a 75% chance that if you drop a slice of peanut buttered bread, it will fall face down
- It is estimated that the average American school child will have munched through 1500 Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches before graduation.
- An 18 ounce jar of peanut butter will contain about 850 peanuts.
- The largest recorded peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the world was lovingly crafted in Peanut, Pennsylvania in 1993. It was 40 ft long and contained 150lbs of peanut butter and 50lbs of jelly.
Tagged: facts, food, food holidays, foodimentary, fun, jelly, life, national food holidays, national peanut butter and jelly day, pb&j, peanut butter, peanut butter and jelly, today in food history