A History of Peeps
Did you know that peeps are basically indestructible? Not water, nor powerful acids, nor powerful bases dissolve them. That’s one tough little tweeter!
Food Finds about Peeps
- Peeps have been the #1 non-chocolate easter candy for over 20 years.
- In 1953, it took 27 hours to make a peep because of time-consuming details like hand-painted eyes.
- Today, it takes 6 minutes to make a peep.
- The leading peep-eating champion ate 102 peeps in 30 minutes.
- The leading speed-eating champ ate 7 peeps in 30 seconds.
- The main colors of peeps in order of popularity are yellow, pink, lavender, and white.
- Peeps have a shelf life of 2 years.
- They do not dissolve in water, sulfuric acid, or sodium hydroxide. It is commonly believed that they “can’t be dissolved.”
- Peeps are fat free!
You must be logged in to post a comment.