Five Food Finds about Peanut Butter
- 60% of people like creamy peanut butter over crunchy.
- Women & children prefer creamy, while most men like crunchy.
- Peanut butter is a source of incomplete protein.
- A common combination to provide a complete protein is pairing peanut butter with whole wheat bread.
- The two foods need only be consumed within 24 hours of each other to complete the protein.
On This Day in Food History…
1920 Eskimo Pie Patent Date. The Eskimo Pie was patented by Christian K. Nelson, first sold in 1922 as “I-Scream Bars”
1935 The first beer can was introduced by the Gottfried Krueger Brewing Company
1939 Maximilian Bircher-Benner died. He was a Swiss doctor who developed the granola-like cereal product ‘Muesli’
1959 Coors launched the 7 ounce seamless, recyclable aluminum beer can.
1988 RIP Charles Glen King,a biochemist who discovered vitamin C in 1932. He first extracted & isolated it from lemon juice.