World Water Day
Five things you should know about
Five Food Finds about Water
- Over 70 percent of an adult’s body is made up of water.
- The recommended daily intake of water is 8 cups per day, but it can come through the consumption of food as well.
- There’s more fresh water stored under the ground in aquifers than on the earth’s surface.
- Drinking too much water too quickly causes water intoxication, caused by reduced sodium (salt) levels in the blood stream. Some confuse this with a “runner’s high”.
- Of all the water on the earth, humans can use about three tenths of a percent of it for drinking water.
On This Day in Food History…
1841 Cornstarch was patented by Orlando Jones in England.
1960 R.I.P. Agnes Arber the British botanist who wrote ‘Herbals: Their Origin and Evolution‘ (1912) and ‘The Gramineae: A Study of Cereal, Bamboo and Grass‘ (1934).
1975 ‘Lady Marmalade’ by LaBelle is #1 on the charts. (Marmalade is a French name for Jam or Jelly.)