National Soylent Green Day: “For the people, by the people.”
National Soylent Green Day
Soylent Green is the original “people” food for the masses. The Soylent Green Biscuit Co’s famous snack has been a cult classic since its inception in 1973. People everywhere were delighted to have this affordable snack that “tastes just like grandmas.”
When April 1st heralds the coming of Spring, I always think fondly of Soylent Green.
Five Food Finds about Soylent Green
- Soylent Green, introduced 1966, is usually considered the original “green” food.
- It was first marketed as a, “Miracle food of high-energy plankton gathered from the oceans of the world.”
- Throughout the years the company has adopted many slogans:
- “Food for the people, by the people.”
- “Make room, make room for green.”
- “It’s easy being green.”
- “You’re in good hands with Soylent.”
- You can find many recipes for homemade Soylent Green, but there’s nothing like the real thing.
- It is said that Charlton Heston was this snack’s #1 fan, keeping mass quantities in his home.
- The Soylent Green Biscuit Co. is planning on world distribution by 2022.
All in fun! Happy April 1st
*More Soylent resources.
Categories: April Food Holidays, Food Holidays
You must be logged in to post a comment.