August 14 is National Creamsicle Day
Citrus and Vanilla are flavors made for Summer!
Here are today’s five thing to know about Creamsicle:
- Creamsicle is a brand name for a different frozen dessert also owned by Unilever.
- Again on the same flat wooden stick, it is made as a single flat bar with a rounded end.
- The center is vanilla ice cream, covered by a layer of flavored ice. Creamsicle flavors include orange, blue raspberry, lime, grape and cherry.
- They are available in several varieties, including 100 Calorie Bars, Low Fat Bars, No Sugar Added Bars, and Sugar Free Bars.
- 50-50 bar is an alternative name for a Creamsicle.
Today’s Pinterest: Creamsicles / Not only for kids
Today’s Food History
- 1873 The first issue of ‘Field & Stream’ was published.
- 1897 The largest sturgeon was caught, 1,387 pounds, in the Fraser River.
- 1941 Paul Sabatier died. Organic chemist. The margarine, oil hydrogenation and methanol industries grew out of his research.
Categories: August Food Holidays, Food Holidays
You must be logged in to post a comment.