October 11 is National Sausage Pizza Day
Here are today’s five thing to know about Pizza:
- About 93% of Americans eat at least one pizza every month.
- About 350 slices of pizza are consumed every second in the United States.
- The most pizzas are delivered (and eaten) on New Year’s Day, New Year’s Eve, Halloween, Thanksgiving Eve, and Super Bowl Sunday.
- The three dots in the Domino’s Pizza logo represent the first three Domino’s Pizza stores.
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza topping in the United States.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
1844 Henry John Heinz was born. Founder of the H.J. Heinz company and creator of its slogan ’57 varieties.’
1887 The first accurate adding machine patented by Don Eugene Felt. (The Comptometer).
1911 Nathaniel Wyeth was born. Nathaniel Wyeth, American chemist and inventor, received patent for PET (polyethylene terephthalate) beverage bottles. This was the first safe plastic strong enough to hold carbonated beverages.