October 29 is National Oatmeal Day
Here are today’s five thing to know about Oatmeal:
- Oatmeal is still a bargain at less than 15 cents a serving.
- An 18-ounce package of Old Fashioned Quaker® Oats contains about 26,000 rolled oats.
- Oatmeal cookies are the #1 non-cereal usage for oatmeal, followed by meatloaf and fruit crisp.
- Seventy-five percent of U.S. households have oatmeal in their cupboard.
- The portrait of the Quaker man on the Quaker® Oats package has been updated just three times since its creation in 1877, once in 1946, again in 1957 and, most recently, in 1972.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1872 An all metal windmill was patented by J.S. Risdon
- 1929 Black Tuesday — The Great Crash.
- 1947 The first successful cloud seeding (with dry ice) took place at Concord, New Hampshire.
- 1977 Meat Loaf released ‘Bat Out Of Hell.’
Categories: Food Holidays, October Food Holidays
You must be logged in to post a comment.