November 19 is National Macchiato Day
November 19 is the 1st annual National Macchiato Day*
Five Food Facts about the Macchiato
- A caffè latte is espresso added to milk. While a Macchiato is milk added to freshly brewed espresso
- Macchiatos are know having more foam, rather than simply hot milk
- They are often created with only ½ (or less) of an espresso shot
- Two of the most common variations are: macchiato clado (served hot) and the macchiato freddo (served cold)
- When Starbuck’s introduced the ‘Macchiato’ on their menu in 1987 it quickly became one of their most popular beverages on the menu
Today’s Pinterest Board : Pins to die for
Today’s Food History
- 1600 Charles I, king of England, Scotland and Ireland was born. Ice cream is said to have come from France when he married Henrietta Maria, daughter of Henri IV, and sister of Louis XIII.
- 1961 Michael Rockefeller, son of Governor Nelson Rockefeller, disappeared, and was presumed eaten by the cannibals of New Guinea.
- 1977 The largest albacore weighed 88 pounds and was caught off the Canary Islands.
- 2009 Nestle, one of the largest producers of canned pumpkin products, reports there may be a shortage of its products because heavy rains interrupted the pumpkin harvest.
*A Food Holiday created by Foodimentary to celebrate the foods we love
You must be logged in to post a comment.