December 7 is National Cotton Candy Day
Here are today’s five thing to know about Cotton Candy:
- First record of cotton candy was found in Europe in the 18th century, when spun sugar was luxury.
- William Morrison and John Wharton invented machine-spun cotton candy in 1897 and then introduce to the world as “Fairy Floss” at the 1904 Wold’s Fair.
- Tootsie Roll of Canada Ltd. is the world’s largest cotton-candy manufacturer.
- In many countries cotton candy is a holiday food because the white fluffy candy resembles snow and even ‘santa’s beard.
- Cotton candy is almost 100 percent super with dashes of flavoring and food coloring.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1863 Richard Warren Sears was born. He developed his mail-order jewelry business (1886) into the Sears Roebuck & Company. By 1894 the Sears catalog was 507 pages.
- 1904 Clarence Nash was born. The original voice of Donald Duck.
- 1909 Leo Hendrik Baekeland was issued a patent for ‘Bakelite,’ the first plastic that did not soften when heated. Those black plastic knobs on stoves, and distributor caps for car engines are examples.
- 1926 The Electrolux Servel Corp. received the first U.S. patent for a household refrigerator cooled by a sealed gas refrigerant.
- 2006 The Hard Rock Cafes and Casinos were purchased by Florida’s Seminole American Indian Tribe.
Categories: December Food Holidays, Food Holidays
You must be logged in to post a comment.