January 28 is National Blueberry Pancake Day
Here are today’s five thing to know about Pancake:
- The first ready-mix food to be sold commercially was Aunt Jemima pancake flour introduced in 1889.
- Maine produces 99% of all the wild blueberries in the United States of which 90% are frozen.
- The world’s largest pancake breakfast was held in Springfield, America in 2012.
- It is widely believed that the tradition of pancake races began in 1445 in Olney in Buckinghamshire when a woman was making pancakes but lost track of time.
- The highest ever flip was performed by Dominic Cuzzacrea. The pancake reached a height of 9.47 metres at the Walden Galleria Mall in Cheektowaga, New York, USA, in November 2010.
Daily Quote: “The laziest man I ever met put popcorn in his pancakes so they would turn over by themselves.”~W. C. Fields
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1807 London’s Pall Mall becomes the first street to be lighted with Gas Fixtures
- 1855 The first locomotive runs from the Atlantic to the Pacific on the Panama Railway. Establishing the first trans-continental dining cars.
- 1917 San Francisco opens it’s streetcar system. Considered a “San Francisco treat”