Here are today’s five thing to know about Cake Pops:
- A cake pop is cake, baked in an appealing shape, hand dipped in frosting, and decorated to taste, all on a stick to be eaten as candy.
- While there is no recorded date for the creation of cake pops. Most people say that Bakerella, a popular baking blog, helped make then a “pop” phenomenon. See Pinterest below
- In 2011, cake pops were considered the newest and most popular confectionery food trends.
- Other variations of cake pops are cake balls, cakesicles, cupcake pops, and cake-on-a-stick.
- Cake pops in recent years have become ubiquitous to Starbucks coffee shops.
* Bakerella celebrates National Cake Pop Day on Feb 1
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1856 Auburn University is chartered as the East Alabama Male College, a primarily agricultural college.
- 1867 Bricklayers first started working 8-hour days
- 1884 The first edition of the Oxford English Dictionary is publish(including 23 recipes & cooking tips)
- 1913 New York City’s Grand Central Terminal opens. The world’s largest train station including several restaurants & food stalls.
- 1960 Four students stage the first civil rights “sit-in” at the lunch counter of the Greensboro, NC, Woolworth