March 22 is World Water Day
Here are today’s five thing to know about Water:
- Over 70 percent of an adult’s body is made up of water.
- The recommended daily intake of water is 8 cups per day, but it can come through the consumption of food as well.
- There’s more fresh water stored under the ground in aquifers than on the earth’s surface.
- Drinking too much water too quickly causes water intoxication, caused by reduced sodium (salt) levels in the blood stream. Some confuse this with a “runner’s high”.
- Of all the water on the earth, humans can use about three tenths of a percent of it for drinking water.
The world water day is a mean of focusing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources.
The theme in 2015 is Water and Sustainable Development.
Roughly 75% of all industrial water withdrawals are used for energy production.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1841 Cornstarch was patented by Orlando Jones in England.
- 1960 R.I.P. Agnes Arber the British botanist who wrote ‘Herbals: Their Origin and Evolution‘ (1912) and ‘The Gramineae: A Study of Cereal, Bamboo and Grass‘ (1934).
- 1975 ‘Lady Marmalade’ by LaBelle is #1 on the charts. (Marmalade is a French name for Jam or Jelly.)