For decades May 7 has been a day to celebrate leg of lamb,
the most popular cut of lamb in North America
Today’s five things to know about Lamb
- The oldest organized industry is raising sheep.
- The average American eats less than a pound of lamb a year
- All American Lamb is hormone free and American Lamb can be offered as all-natural products that are antibiotic free.
- This meat generally is more tender than that from older sheep and appears more often on tables in some Western countries.
- Lamb should be stored in the refrigerator or freezer immediately after purchasing. Refrigerate fresh lamb at 40 degrees or below.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1660 Isaack B. Fubine of The Hague received a patent for macaroni.
- (This fact is reported on many sites on the internet. No one has any further information listed, and I am in doubt as to its accuracy).
- 1873 Salmon Portland Chase died. He was Secretary of the Treasury under Abraham Lincoln, and later Chief Justice.
- 1947 The ‘Kraft Television Theater’ premiered on NBC TV
- 1953 The world record swordfish was caught in Chile: 1,182 pounds.
- 1987 Shelly Long, who played Diane Chambers, makes her final appearance as a regular on ‘Cheers.’