August 27 is National Pots De Creme Day
Pots De Creme
Time to study another French sweet!
Here are today’s five thing to know about Pots De Creme
- Pot de crème is a loose French dessert custard dating to the 17th century.
- The name means “pot of custard” or “pot of creme”, which also refers to the porcelain cups in which the dessert is served.
- It is usually looser than other custards, flans, or crème caramel.
- Pot de crème is made with eggs, egg yolks, cream, milk, and a flavor, often vanilla or chocolate.
- The milk and cream are heated and flavored, then mixed into the whisked eggs and egg yolks.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Pots De Creme
Today’s Food History
- 1940 The London production of ‘Apple Sauce’ opened at the Holborn Empire Theatre.
- 1944 Tim Bogert of the Rock group Vanilla Fudge was born.
- 1949 Jeff Cook of the music group ‘Alabama’ was born.
- 1970 ‘Spill The Wine’ by Eric Burdon & War is #1 on the charts