September 5 is National Cheese Pizza Day
Sometimes simple is best. Say cheese!
Here are today’s five thing to know about Cheese Pizza:
- About 93% of Americans eat at least one pizza every month.
- About 350 slices of pizza are consumed every second in the United States.
- The most pizzas are delivered (and eaten) on New Year’s Day, New Year’s Eve, Halloween, Thanksgiving Eve, and Super Bowl Sunday.
- The three dots in the Domino’s Pizza logo represent the first three Domino’s Pizza stores.
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza topping in the United States.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Cheese Pizza
Today’s Food History
- 1643 Louis XIV, King of France (the ‘Sun King’) was born. A gourmet, gourmand and many say a glutton. During his reign food began to be served in courses, rather than placed on the table all at once, and forks came into widespread use.
- 1698 Tsar Peter I of Russia imposes a tax on beards.
- 1946 Dean Ford of the music group ‘Marmalade’ was born.
- 1949 Clem Clempson of the music group ‘Humble Pie’ was born.
- 2001 Justin Wilson, Cajun chef and humorist died. He wrote five cookbooks, hosted several cooking shows on TV, including ‘Louisiana Cookin’ and ‘Cookin’ Cajun.’