September 25 is National Food Service Worker’s Day
Posted on September 25, 2015
Here are today’s five thing to know about Food Service Worker:
- A Cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
- A diplomat these days in nothing, but a head waiter who is allowed to sit down occasionally.
- Epitaph for a dead waiter – God finally caught his eye.
- I asked the waiter, ‘Is this milk fresh?’ He said, ‘Lady, three hours ago it was grass.’
- I never taste the wine first in restaurants, I just ask the waiter to pour.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1777 Johann Heinrich Lambert died. He proved that Apple pie was irrational. Oops – never mind – that was ‘pi’ that he proved was an irrational number.
- 1843 Melville Reuben Bissell was born. Bissell invented the carpet sweeper in 1876.
- 1879 The Cream Separator was patented.
- 1974 It is first reported that freon from aerosol cans is destroying the ozone layer above the earth.
- 1976 The largest dolphin fish caught with rod and reel weighed 87 pounds. It was caught off the coast of Costa Rica.
- 1985 William Cumming Rose died. An American biochemist, he researched amino acids, and established the importance of the 8 essential amino acids in human nutrition.