September 27 is National Chocolate Milk Day
Posted on September 27, 2015
Here are today’s five thing to know about Food Service Worker:
- Chocolate milk is a sweetened, usually cold, cocoa-flavored milk drink. It is created when chocolate syrup (or chocolate powder) is mixed with milk (from cows, goats, soy, rice, etc).
- It can be purchased pre-mixed or made at home with either cocoa powder and a sweetener (such as sugar or a sugar substitute), or with melted chocolate, chocolate syrup, or chocolate milk mix.
- Other ingredients, such as starch, salt, carrageenan, vanilla, or artificial flavoring may be added.
- Chocolate milk should be refrigerated like plain milk.
- A suspension is required to blend in the two flavors (milk and chocolate, hence the name of the mixed drink).
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1892 The Diamond Match Company patented book matches.
- 1938 The ‘Queen Elizabeth,’ the largest passenger liner of its time, was launched in Scotland. The world’s largest floating restaurant.
- 1947 ‘Bread and Butter Woman’ was recorded by Danny Kaye & the Andrews Sisters.
- 1947 Musician Marvin Lee Aday, ‘Meat Loaf’, was born.