September 29 is National Coffee Day
Here are today’s five thing to know about coffee :
- Coffee is only grown near the equator, from the Tropic of Cancer to the Tropic of Capricorn, within a 1,000 mile limit.
- 1,200 different chemical components are in coffee. More than half of these components make up the distinguished flavor of coffee.
- There is between 80 and 140 milligrams of caffeine in a seven once cup of coffee.
- Every day 400 billion cups of coffee are consumed globally, making it the world’s most popular beverage.
- 91% of coffee consumed is taken at breakfast. And sometimes is breakfast.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1860 Chapin Aaron Harris died. He was cofounder of the first dental school in the world, the Baltimore College of Dental Surgery.
- 1967 Gladys Knight and the Pips released ‘I Heard It Through the Grapevine.’
- 1974 The TV show ‘Alice’ debuted. Most of the action took place in Mel’s Diner.
- 1978 ‘Boogie Oogie Oogie’ by Taste Of Honey is #1 on the charts
Categories: Food Holidays, September Food Holidays
You must be logged in to post a comment.