October 6 is National Noodle Day
Posted on October 6, 2015
Here are today’s five thing to know about Noodle:
- Australians consume more than 18 million kilograms of noodles every year – that’s almost one kilogram per person!
- In Japan, it is considered good form to loudly slurp your noodles as a way of telling your host that you are enjoying the meal.
- Noodles symbolise longevity in China.
- Noodles have been created from flour and water since 1000BC and today they are more popular than ever.
- Noodles are low in fat and have a very low sodium content.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1790 Jacob Schweppe demonstrated his process for making artificial mineral water.
- 1893 Cream of Wheat was developed by Nabisco Foods
- 1951 Will Keith Kellogg died. He founded Battle Creek Toasted Corn Flake Co. (W.K. Kellogg Company) to manufacture cereals (cornflakes were the first) developed by his brother John Harvey Kellogg.