Here are today’s five thing to know about Parfait:
- Parfait is a French word that means perfect.
- It is often served in a tall, clear glass and topping creation with whipped cream and fruit.
- The oldest recipe with the name parfait comes from a French cookbook dated 1869. It was a frozen coffee-flavoured French ice dessert constructed in parfait-shaped (tall and thin) ice cream moulds.
- French style parfait is served on decorated plates instead of tall, thin glassware.
- The unique texture of parfait is because the fat, sugar, and air interfere with the formation of water crystals, which would otherwise cause an oily texture in your mouth.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1715 American Sybilla Masters was the first American granted an English patent. It was for a method of processing corn.
- 1846 Carry Amelia Nation was born. Well known temperance movement activist, she was famous for destroying saloons with a hatchet.
- 1884 John Mayenberg, of St. Louis, Missouri, patented evaporated milk.
- 1940 Woody Woodpecker made his debut in the cartoon ‘Knock Knock.’
- 1967‘Incense and Peppermint’ by Strawberry Alarm Clock hits number one on the charts.