December 16th is National Chocolate-Covered-Anything Day
Here are today’s five ideas on Chocolate Covered Anything:
- Chocolate covered crunchy peanut butter
- Chocolate dipped cracker stick
- Chocolate covered oatmeal raisin cookie
- Chocolate covered pretzel
- Chocolate covered almond
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1773 The Boston Tea Party. A group of men dressed as Indians, boarded ships at Griffin’s wharf and dumped hundreds of tea chests into Boston harbor. The American Revolution began.
- 1833 Seaman Asahel Knapp was born. An American agriculturist, he began the system which evolved into the U.S. Cooperative Extension Service.
- 1863 Gerard Adriaan Heineken bought the Amsterdam brewery, ‘The Haystack’, which
- dated back to 1592. This was the beginning of Heineken beer.
- 1884 William Fruen of Minneapolis, Minnesota patented an automatic liquid vending machine.
- 1965 British author, W. Somerset Maugham died. Among the titles of his novels and short stories are: ‘Cakes and Ale’, ‘The Alien Corn’ and ‘The Breadwinner.’
- 1976 On the ‘Barney Miller’ TV show, Wojo’s hippie girlfriend baked a batch of ‘special’ brownies for the precinct.
- 1980 Harland Sanders died at Shelbyville, Kentucky. Founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken fast food restaurant chain.
- 2004 Country Music singer Willie Nelson opened his own restaurant, the Texas Roadhouse Grill, in Austin, Texas.