Here are today’s five things to know about peanut butter:
60% of people like creamy peanut butter over crunchy.
Women & children prefer creamy, while most men like crunchy.
Peanut butter is a source of incomplete protein.
A common combination to provide a complete protein is pairing peanut butter with whole wheat bread.
The two foods need only be consumed within 24 hours of each other to complete the protein.
Today’s Food History
- 1920 Eskimo Pie Patent Date. The Eskimo Pie was patented by Christian K. Nelson, first sold in 1922 as “I-Scream Bars”
- 1935 The first beer can was introduced by the Gottfried Krueger Brewing Company
- 1939 Maximilian Bircher-Benner died. He was a Swiss doctor who developed the granola-like cereal product ‘Muesli’
- 1959 Coors launched the 7 ounce seamless, recyclable aluminum beer can.
- 1988 RIP Charles Glen King,a biochemist who discovered vitamin C in 1932. He first extracted & isolated it from lemon juice.
Check out my book!