Today’s Lobster facts:
- In Colonial times, servants and slaves were the only people allowed to eat lobsters regularly .
- Lobsters aren’t all red. They can be many different colors, including bright blue, white and brilliant gold tones.
- Lobsters can be right-handed, left-handed, or ambidextrous.
- Many lobster species can live to be over 100 years old.
- Most lobsters travel over 100 miles a year and have migratory patterns
Today’s Food History
- 1752 Benjamin Franklin flew a kite.
- 1851 Jacob Fussell, a Baltimore dairyman, opens the first commercial ice-cream factory.
- 1869 R.I.P. Joseph Dixon. An American inventor and manufacturer. Among his many accomplishments, he produced the first pencil made in the U.S.
- 1969 ‘Ice Cube’ (O’Shea Jackson) singer and actor, was born.
- 1992 SPELLING LESSONS – At a spelling bee in a Trenton, New Jersey school, U.S. Vice President Dan Quayle, corrects a student’s spelling of ‘potato’ by telling him it should have an ‘e’ at the end.
- 1999 Nicholas Vitalich is arrested for assaulting his girlfriend with a large tuna, outside a San Diego supermarket. He was charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
Check out our New Book