September 25th is National Food Service Workers Day
Today’s Fun Fact
Tip Extra today!
Remember, over 25% of the US workforce has at one time worked in food service!
Five Waiter Quotes
- A Cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
- A diplomat these days in nothing, but a head waiter who is allowed to sit down occasionally.
- Epitaph for a dead waiter – God finally caught his eye.
- I asked the waiter, ‘Is this milk fresh?’ He said, ‘Lady, three hours ago it was grass.’
- I never taste the wine first in restaurants, I just ask the waiter to pour.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1777 Johann Heinrich Lambert died. He proved that Apple pie was irrational. Oops – never mind – that was ‘pi’ that he proved was an irrational number.
1843 Melville Reuben Bissell was born. Bissell invented the carpet sweeper in 1876.
1879 The Cream Separator was patented.
1974 It is first reported that freon from aerosol cans is destroying the ozone layer above the earth.
1976 The largest dolphin caught with rod and reel weighed 87 pounds. It was caught off the coast of Costa Rica.
1985 William Cumming Rose died. An American biochemist, he researched amino acids, and established the importance of the 8 essential amino acids in human nutrition.
You must be logged in to post a comment.