October 10th is National Tic Tac Day!
Posted on October 10, 2017
Did you know?
Tic tac’s were introduced in 1969. The original flavors were only orange and mint.
Here are your five food facts about Tic Tacs:
1. Since 1980, the Tic Tac slogan has been “The 1½ Calorie Breath Mint”..
2. Tic Tacs were originally named “Refreshing Mints,” but the name was changed to reflect the sound of the mints shaking in their container.
3. They currently are sold in over 100 countries in dozens of flavors.
4. “Orange Tic Tacs are Bleeker’s one and only vice.” – Juno, 2009
5. Each Tic Tac box contains about 36 Tic Tacs.
Today’s Food History
1892 Earle Dickson was born. He invented Band-Aids for his wife, who had frequent kitchen accidents, cutting or burning herself. He worked as a buyer for Johnson & Johnson, who soon began manufacturing Band-Aids.
1913 Adolphus Busch died. Founded Annheuser Busch in 1866 with his father-in-law, Eberhard Anheuser.
1913 A dike was blown up by the U.S. engineers to complete the final stage of the Panama Canal, and the waters of the Pacific met the waters of the Atlantic.
1933 Waldo L. Semon received a patent on a method for making plasticized PVC, now know as Vinyl.
1933 Proctor & Gamble began marketing ‘Dreft,’ the first synthetic detergent for home use. Detergents perform better in hard water than soaps.
1966 Simon and Garfunkel release their album, ‘Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme’
Check out my book!