October 20th is National Eggo Day!
Five Food facts about Eggos:
- Eggo waffles were invented by three brothers: Tony, Sam, and Frank Dorsa.
- They were initially introduced as “Froffles,” but the name “Eggos” became popular due to their eggy taste.
- The Dorsa brothers also produced a line of Eggo potato chips.
- It wasn’t until 1968 when Kellog acquired the brand that the slogan “L’eggo my Eggo” was coined.
5. “Oh. Candy… leftovers… eggos… she really likes eggos.” – Mike, Stranger Things
- 1880 Lydia Maria Francis Child died. An American abolitionist and author of novels and children’s books. She also wrote books of advice for women including ‘The Frugal Housewife’ (1829).
- 1882 Bela Lugosi was born. Dracula.
- 1970 Norman Borlaug received the Nobel Peace Prize for his contribution to the ‘Green Revolution.’ He had developed new varieties of wheat and rice to help increase food production in the Third World
Check out my book!