October 26th is National Pumpkin Day!
Yes It’s #NationalPumpkinDay
Here are today’s Interesting Facts about Pumpkins:
- The largest pumpkin pie ever made was over five feet in diameter and weighed over 350 pounds. It used 80 pounds of cooked pumpkin, 36 pounds of sugar, 12 dozen eggs and took six hours to bake.
- In early colonial times, pumpkins were used as an ingredient for the crust of pies, not the filling.
- Pumpkins were once recommended for removing freckles and curing snake bites.
- The largest pumpkin ever grown weighed 1,140 pounds.
- The Connecticut field variety is the traditional American pumpkin.
Check out my book!
Categories: Food Holidays, October Food Holidays, Uncategorized
Tagged: food holiday book, national pumpkin day, pumpkin day
You must be logged in to post a comment.