March 8th is National Peanut Cluster Day
Posted on March 8, 2018
Here are today’s five thing to know about Peanut Cluster:
- ‘Peanut Cluster’ is referred to a type of candy that mixes melted chocolate and peanuts.
- These crunchy treats are a perfect combination of a sweet and salty deliciousness.
- There are several versions of peanut clusters including caramel clusters, butterscotch clusters and chocolate peanut clusters.
- Peanuts have a higher antioxidant capacity over grapes, green tea, tomatoes, spinach, carrots and many more.
- Peanut clusters have been around for many years dating way before 1912 when they were made popular by the Goo Goo Cluster.
Astronaut Allen B. Sheppard brought peanuts with him to the moon.
During World War II the the Emporia Wholesale Coffee Company “shipped approximately 50,000 pounds of chocolate peanut clusters weekly for consumption by those on the fighting front.”
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1824 RIP Jean Jacques Regis de Cambaceres, A French politician and gourmet, a contemporary and rival of Talleyrand and Carême. The dinners he gave were legendary. He refused to admit late-comers, and was demanded complete silence while dining.
- 1923 The Coca Cola 6 bottle carton was introduced.
- 1992 RIP Christian K. Nelson, inventor of the Eskimo Pie at age 98.
Check out my book!