August 2nd is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day! / #NationalIceCreamSandwitchDay
Happy National Ice Cream Sandwich Day!
Here’s today’s facts about ice cream sandwiches:
- The 30-44 age group buys the most ice cream sandwiches.
- The average number of ice cream sandwiches eaten per second nationally is 48.
- The ice cream sandwich ranks as the second best-selling ice cream novelty in America.
- If all the ice cream sandwiches made last year were placed end to end, they would circle Earth 3 1/2 times.
- The eastern seaboard consumes almost 50 percent of all ice cream sandwiches.
Today’s Food History
- 1861 The first U.S. national income tax is passed to aid the Union war effort.
- 1887 Rowell Hodge patented barbed wire. The beginning of the end of open range in the Old West.
- 1963 Eric Clapton leaves the ‘Roosters’ to form the band ‘Casey Jones and the Engineers.’
- 1980 The oldest known goldfish in Great Britain, Frederica, died at the age of 40.
- 2002 A jury awarded $120 million to 17 bakery workers who sued Interstate Brands for racial discrimination.