August 10th is National S’Mores Day! / Thanks @GirlScouts for creating the perfect treat!
Posted on August 10, 2018
Happy National S’mores Day
Today’s Chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows facts:
- The Hershey Company makes more than 373 million HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate bars a year. That’s enough to make 746 million S’mores!
- HONEY MAID Graham Crackers were introduced in 1925 and are the leading brand of Graham Crackers in the U.S.
- Every HONEY MAID Graham Cracker is made with the goodness of 5 grams of whole grain per serving and real honey.
- Americans buy around 90 million pounds of marshmallows every year.
- Did you know? S’mores were ‘invented’ by the Girl Scouts
Today’s Food History
- 1833 Chicago, Illinois, was incorporated as a village, its population was about 200.
- 1889 Dan Rylands patented a screw cap for bottles. He was employed at the Hope Glass Works, Barnsley, Yorkshire, England.
- 1917 Clara Peller was born. She is the actress who is famous for her Wendy’s TV commercial, “Where’s the beef?”
- 1947 Ian Anderson of the music group ‘Jethro Tull’ was born.
- 1998 Massena ‘Andy’ Gump died. Inventor and portable toilet king of Southern California