September 29th is National Mocha Day! ? #NationalMochaDay
Today’s Mocha Trivia:
The term ‘Mocha’ actually originated as early as 1773 and referred to a variety of coffee bean. The Mochas variety
Five Food Finds about Coffee
- Coffee is only grown near the equator, from the Tropic of Cancer to the Tropic of Capricorn, within a 1,000 mile limit.
- 1,200 different chemical components are in coffee. More than half of these components make up the distinguished flavor of coffee.
- There is between 80 and 140 milligrams of caffeine in a seven once cup of coffee.
- 400 billion cups of coffee are consumed worldwide, making it the most popular beverage.
- 91% of coffee consumed is taken at breakfast. And sometimes is breakfast.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1860 Chapin Aaron Harris died. He was cofounder of the first dental school in the world, the Baltimore College of Dental Surgery.
1967 Gladys Knight and the Pips released ‘I Heard It Through the Grapevine.’
1974 The TV show ‘Alice’ debuted. Most of the action took place in Mel’s Diner.
1978 ‘Boogie Oogie Oogie’ by Taste Of Honey is #1 on the charts
Check out my new book!
Get 20% off with this code: FOODIMENTARY
Categories: Food Holidays, September Food Holidays
You must be logged in to post a comment.